1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Raalk, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Raalk

Raalk Member

Well, I'm about to order a modchip, and I've tried to do as much research as I can, and I was just wondering if the Duo 3 Gold will suffice my needs. I was personally thinking of going matrix at first, but I really only need to mod my PS2 for backups and imports, and even though the Matrix is high quality, it has some unneeded features I think my cash can better be used for Media. Also, probably a rather stupid question - if I have a backup of a JAP game, it should still load, right? I've really been wondering this and have had no answers as of yet.

Thanks in advance.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

The Duo chips are a solid low priced option. If all you are looking to do is load your back up games then it will do just fine. The Matrix Infinity would be a better chip with more option of course, plus they have firmware upgrades you can download every now and then that can fix problems or issues that people find. The Duo chip doesn't.

I have never had one in a PS2 but i do have a DuoX2 chip in my Xbox and it has worked great for me.

I have not played any Japanese games so i do not know about loading those.

3. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

@Raalk

Yeah the Duo3 Gold looks to be a very good new release from Team Omega. A budget chip with Dev1 mod is what the scene has been lacking for some time now.

Yes if the game is backed-up correctly your modchip will have no issues booting it.