1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some quick questions on HDD mods

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by GanJahMan, Dec 9, 2004.

1. GanJahMan

GanJahMan Member

I wanted to get some info from ppl who use a HDD with their PS2. I got a PS2 recently and wanted to get some answers as to what it takes for a large HDD to be installed. I modded my Xbox with an X2 chip and numerous 200GB drives running Exox and UnleashX dashboards a long time ago and wanted to do the same for my PS2. I have done a little reading on the subject, and wanted to know if there is a site similar to xbox-scene.com that has all the tutorials and info I would need.

1. Can I use a DMS4 or similar with a large HDD? or do I need HDadvance or similar?

2. Does a Dashboard run on the HDD to select apps,games?

3. Can I use the Firewire port as a network option? or do I need the PS2 network adapter?

Thanks for the info.

2. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

If you have a dms4 pro get the toxic os from a p2p network eg emule this will allow you run games of the hardrive.
    But if you have any other chip you must purchase hdadvance 2.0 i would reccomend this because it supports hardrives up to 200Gb unlike hdloader which only supports 137Gb.
    And you must have the network adaptor as this has the connecions for the hardrive on it.