1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some serious problems with my fliptop cover

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kenjitak, Sep 12, 2004.

1. kenjitak

kenjitak Member

Hello everyone, my friend helped me replace my V4 PS2's cover with a Fliptop yesterday. Everything seemed to be going fine...we played the real copy of Street Fighter II Anniversary for a good hour or so, and we also tried the swap method with the Swap Magic DVD disc. The import game booted up with no problems, and I thought everything was fine.

However, the Swap Magic CD disc doesn't boot up at all. In fact, it makes these horrible grinding noises and just ends up going to the browser screen. This wasn't the only problem though...when I tried playing my original copy of Final Fantasy VII, it made the same grinding noises and didn't work at all. When I tried playing my original Final Fantasy X, it booted up but there was no sound! So would someone please like to tell me what the heck is going on?

It definitely isn't a laser problem because I've taken great care of my PS2 and I didn't have any problems playing my games in the past. Could it be the reset/eject ribbon? When my friend helped install the fliptop cover for me, we were trying to figure out what it meant by "do not pinch the ribbon." He ended up touching it because there was no other way to move it. The ribbon also had a rectangular white sticker attached to the side that we had to peel off in order to move it to the side. We had some difficulty putting the fliptop cover on because the ribbon was in the way. So my friend ended up carefully moving the ribbon to the side of the case. Could this possibly be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

when they say "do not pinch the ribbon" it means don't trap it between the flip top lid and the bottom half of the ps2 case, it's perfectly fine to touch it, that's the only way to move it!, the flip top itself can't cause any problems it's just a lid, so you can count that out, if the reset/ eject cable were damaged it might stop your ps2 from booting or ejecting, but it wouldn't effect the way a game does or doesn't play, the sm cd disc does cause problems for a lot of people, and I have had prob's where the smcd wouldn't boot, then it wouldn't boot originals at all untill the ps2 was switched off for a couple of sec's, as for the no sound, are you sure you didn't unseat the cable from the back of the ps2 or tv?

3. BlackIce1

BlackIce1 Guest

dude u have a v4... weather u think uve takin care of ur laser or not how can u take care of it?? Do u recalibrate it all the tyime and clean it?? Thats the only way i can think of "actually taking care of it" it most likely ur laser u need to clean it or refresh toc or something maby recalibrate which u can get a tutorial on here to find out how to do it