1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Softmodding Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by justanub, Feb 16, 2007.

1. justanub

justanub Member

I've never modded my xbox before in any way. I heard about softmodding with action replay and am interested to try it. I already have action replay. I've been around different sites and have read that to softmod with Splinter Cell and action replay you need to get two things from action replay. Something called "Linux Profile" and something called "Linux Installer". I got the "Linux Profile" and transfered it to my xbox. But this "Linux Installer" is raising some questions for me. When i went to the section for "linux installer" on action replay and i expanded the "linux installer" tab, it gave me more than one installer. Take a look at this picture to know what i'm talking about.

http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armxa6.png

The first one is called "Linux Installer" and has a size of 54 blocks. The second is called SID 4 and has a size of 454 blocks. The third is again called "Linux Installer" and has a size of 494 blocks. Which one am i supposed to get? Is there a difference between them other than their size? Does one mess up your xbox and the other installs it successfuly? And what is SID 4? Or are they all the exact same thing?

I don't mean my questions to sound stupid, i'm sorry if they do, it's just that i'm completely new to this stuff and i really don't want to do something wrong when install the softmod. Anyway, I'd appreciate any help.

2. killer1on

killer1on Member

Copy SID Installer 4 to your xbox,then start splinter cell. At the start game menu,load Linux. That will thake you to the SID 4 install screen. Select create c backup and create EEPROM backup.The eeprom backup will take you to another screen,but when youre done with that,press Back and select Install Softmod. I'm not sure what will pop up here(I did it a long time ago),but say dual boot for NTSC xboxes(or PAL if ur xbox is PAL)and then select something like XNAVE"s something exploit. Select install evox or unleash x as dashbord(whichever you like,I prefer Unleash X),follow the onscreen instructions and have fun.

3. justanub

justanub Member

ok thanks i did