1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some TDK Media are CMC

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by treezy, Jul 13, 2007.

1. treezy

treezy Regular member

Hi I just bought a 100PK TDK's from Newegg.com
    Unfortunately, They coded as CMC MAG. :(
    I have not had the pleasure of dealing with these wonderful DVD's for a really long time. I was wondering if CMCMAG is still the leader of bad Media. Or is there other media out there that is worst?
    I am now stuck with a 100 of these ohh what will I do ?!?!?!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Why didn't you buy Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden, while you were shopping at Newegg?
    I know, I know..........the TDKs were cheaper!

I burned a bunch of TDK discs a couple yrs. ago, and had to re-burn every one of those movies, to better media!
    Hope you have better luck with them..........

3. treezy

treezy Regular member

i dont know why,
    having a brainfart probably wasnt thinking at the time.
    Actually, they were rather cheap and free shipping thats why
    you know i saw the ads somebody posted here earlier and noticed there were a pack of 50 verbatims for $23,$24 at a retail store
    cool gotta go get some later i think its best buy they usually have good deals on verbatims
    anyhow ill probably do some burning for friends and family with those tdk's kind of mean but, gotta get rid of them somehow. :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

treezy - that sig pic needs shrinking, the max size allowed is 500 wide x 200 high...

6. treezy

treezy Regular member

OK Fixed Creaky

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cheers, however you've shrunk it that much i can't see it even if i squint :)

8. treezy

treezy Regular member

OfficeMax 100pk for 23 wow thats a Screaming Deal !
    i hope they got some left .

9. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

CMC had some factory problems with the 8X media they were manufacturing that gave them some problems with customers. This is no longer true for 16X media. (The lines for Verbatim were different production lines and did not have the same problems.) CMC suffers from two other problems: 1) inconsistent support from drive manufacturers so that their MID codes are not as well supported as MCC, TY, or even Ritek (This is changing as Lite-On take over more drive manufacturing as the OEM.); and 2) CMC does sell B-grade material to some "off-brands." The only two factories I know that intentionally destroyed all B-grade material were Kodak/Rochester and Mitsui. Both got out of the manufacturing business.

There are scores of manufacturers who produce products inferior to CMC's. Verbatim is happy with CMC production. TDK is another brand with a good reputation (in most quarters) that is very quality conscious and satisfied with CMC production quality. Past sloppiness combined with inconsistent firmware support and inexorable attacks on sites such as this have given CMC a reputation it no longer deserves.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007