1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Tips with DVDxCopy, and i need some help with mt Star trek DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kodell, Feb 13, 2003.

1. kodell

kodell Guest

First i'll like to say hello, i'm new to afterdawn, wish i had found this site a LONG time ago (Would of saved me all my coaster's) i have a DVR-AO5 and have copyed about 15 MOVIES with little probs.

Now to give you a way around the 2 things i hate about DVDxCopy.

1. that message that says that it's a backup: After it has copy/ripped the DVD to your HDD, copy the VIDEO_TS.VOB from the DVD over the one from DVDxCopy temp folder.
    it will now just show the normal startup screen.

2. The fact that you cannot DVDxCopy a DVD that you have all ready copyed with it:
    After it has ripped the dvd to it's temp dir, copy the files to a differnt dir and then cancle the copy/burn session.
    open Nero, go UDF/ISO DVD burn, then move the files over and burn.
    DVDxCOPY will now back it up.

Now for some help, i'm trying to copy my Star Trek TNG DVD's(Starting with season 1) (As i DON'T want them damaged) the prob i'm having is this:
    dvd is as:
    VIDEO_TS.BUP----->
    VIDEO_TS.IFO----->Main DVD INFO Files
    VIDEO_TS.VOB----->Copy Right info screen
    VTS_01_0.BUP----->
    VTS_01_0.IFO----->Tile Set 1 info
    VTS_01_0.VOB----->MAIN MENU for ALL 4 shows + TITLE MENU for first show.
    VTS_01_1.VOB------>Show 1 (2 Parter)VTS_01_2.VOB------>Show 1
    VTS_01_3.VOB------>Show 1
    VTS_02_0.BUP------>
    VTS_02_0.IFO------>Tile Set 2 INFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB------>Show 2 TITLE MENU
    VTS_02_1.VOB------>Show 2
    VTS_02_2.VOB------>Show 2
    VTS_03_0.BUP------>
    VTS_03_0.IFO------>Tile Set 3 INFO
    VTS_03_0.VOB------>Show 3 TITLE MENU
    VTS_03_1.VOB------>Show 3
    VTS_03_2.VOB------>Show 3

Now i can fit 2 shows a one DVD5, now i can copy the fisrt 2 shows on each DVD without any probs, the prob i get is that the MAIN MENU is part of the first tile set.

i have tryed to copy the last 2 shows and just add the VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO and
    VTS_01_0.VOB, but it won't work.

I can get all the show's INFO files to read correct, but the VIDEO_TS.BUP& VIDEO_TS.IFO
    Still read the same as the DVD.

How can i changed the VIDEO_TS.BUP& VIDEO_TS.IFO to show the updated info from the other 3 tiles sets?

The only other option i have is to just copy the movies over with no menu's, which means a lot of skiping to get to the second show.
    Can someone help me here?
    PLEASE

2. kodell

kodell Guest

WHAT?
    No one here ever backed up a TV show on DVD before?

3. QYV

QYV Member

I'm not sure exactly how to fix your problem.. but I was wondering if you know that copying "episodic" discs full of different episodes was one of the major issues DVDXcopy addressed for version 1.3? I was using 1.1 and it apparently couldn't handle TV episode DVD's at all.. but dvdxcopy 1.3 is supposed to fix that. I know it gives a lot more options to fool with the menus (or even cut them out)