1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some videos on my ipod video 30G dont work :(

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by cheryl27, Apr 10, 2007.

1. cheryl27

cheryl27 Member

I just got a new ipod Video, and I had many movies that I already downloaded to upload there. I converted the videos to MPEG4 format, and they can play properly in itunes, but whenever i try to sync it them on my ipod it says:

"Attempting to copy to the disk IPOD failed. The disk could not be read from or written to."

Some of my videos do work though,
    is there any way i can fix the other movies that cannot be loaded onto my ipod?
    does it not work because the video is damaged, or because i didnt buy the movies from itunes?
    maybe theres another program other than itunes that would put my videos properly into my ipod?

pleeeeeeeeease help ? im desperate i looked everywhere for an answer.

your help is greatly appreciated!

2. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Try shortening the length of the name of the video and this may fix it. For some reason Apple made videos that have long names and aren't from iTunes not sync with the iPod.

3. cheryl27

cheryl27 Member

noooope doesnt work :( i tried changing the names of all of them

any more solutions maybe?
    i did everything, restored and updated, uploaded them over and over againnnn
    ughgh.

4. cheryl27

cheryl27 Member

and also even some of the podcasts dont work or "cannot be read or written to"
    and also some of the songs as well, but i just deleted those songs
    cannnn anyone help pleasee?

5. MonkeyFat

MonkeyFat Guest