1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody help me please!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jalicea77, Dec 29, 2004.

1. jalicea77

jalicea77 Member

I am trying to burn a dvd (that is NO LONGER protected, because it has already been through dvd shrink) to a blank disc on the fly using Nero express. It burns to the blank disc fine but the issue is it takes over an hour. I updated the primary and 2ndary IDE channels to dma mode and I have over 90 GB of space on my hard drive and I'm still having the same issue. Matter of fact, I'm in the middle of burning a movie right now (on my other computer, not this one) on the fly and it is only 85% complete and it has already been 45 mins. Again, the movie I am burning on the fly is NOT PROTECTED. I have a plextor 16x dvd burner, 16x dvd rom, and I'm using 8x memorex dvd-r media. Any suggestions on what the problem is? Thanks.

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

if both drives are on same IDE cable, it could be slowing them down trying to send and receive data on the same cable
    it is kind of like trying to send TWOlanes of traffic down a ONE lane road

try burning temporary image to hard drive instead of burning on the fly with nero
    it may and should be faster and you will have alot less chance for errors