1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by nobdysktr, Apr 30, 2007.

1. nobdysktr

nobdysktr Member

Ok basic info first Im running windows xp with Mcafee Total Protection 2007. while trying to get a patch for a program suddenly all of my tray icons dissapeared and i could not open mcafee security center so i restarted my computer, same problem. So i uninstalled Mcafee and re-installed it but this time i could open security center however now it gives me an error that tells me components are missing re-install virusscan so i did (many times) and i still get the same error and all of my tray icons are still gone. Does anyone know what is going on.Virus? if so which one and how do i get rid of it?

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

I dont think that this is a virus but more of something that has to do with Mcafee itself. I think that the folder is corrupted, or something of that nature.

Also, I found this that might help with your problem: http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-McAfee-Security-Center

Hope this helps!!!