1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

somebody please help DVD Multi chapter record

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dutch69, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Dutch69

Dutch69 Guest

Can someone help me be able to record different video chapters into one dvd.

Or can this not be done

Thanks

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

What format are the files in (mpeg, avi .....)?

3. Dutch69

Dutch69 Guest

sorry I'm new at this. how can you tell. I'm looking at Lionel Richie collection, Celine, All the way Adecade of Song & Video, Dixi Chicks, Top of the World tour and Gloria Esefan Live in Miami are just a few samples that I have and would like to mix a little of each into one. I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition but would buy what ever was needed.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Are they all DVDs?

5. Dutch69

Dutch69 Guest

yes, they are all dvd video's that I want to record the best of the best so that I do n't have to watch just one artist or band.

Thanks for the quick response. If you have an answer for the best software to use I would buy.

I have a HP 3.20GHz 512mb PC3200 DDR SDRAM with a 200GB HDD at 7200rpm. 8x DVD writer.

I'm looking at getting an external dual layer DVD recorded and an exteral hard drive to do all this.

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If you are new to DVD burning, there's no hurry to buy any software 'cos what money can buy may not be the best. You may want to test everything out with some very good free programs first: Try download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter from this board, read the guides, and see if you can do what you want. My guess is there is a good chance that you can edit the DVDs simply with Shrink. Also, try to use rewritable discs first for testing. Since DVD burning and authoring are not yet a sure thing for everybody, you may need some experimentation to get things right. You have a very good hardware set up, so hopefully things would be smooth. But if you do encounter any problems along the way, please post again. There are many good people around willing to offer their assistance.
    Good luck!

7. Dutch69

Dutch69 Guest

Once again thanks for your time and thoughts

8. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

You're welcome. Do let us know your progress.
    Cheers!

9. Dutch69

Dutch69 Guest

Thanks for this. It realy worked and I can select going the nero record.

But I still have one problem some of the vidoes have a large VOB I can I break them down into different chapters. When you play it the a dvd player and you don't want to watch the chapter you can just select next.

There must be some way to break the vob down so that you can record only what you want.

Any Ideas

Dutch

10. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Dutch69,
    Sorry I missed out on your last post. Re. breaking down .vobs, I use a program called Imtoo DVD ripper. It is not a free program, but handles DVD ripping very effectively, and is very simple to use. You may check out more details from below. May be they have a trial version that you can download?

http://www.imtoo.com/