1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

somebody please help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bknott, Jan 30, 2007.

1. bknott

bknott Member

ok, i bought anydvd, and it was working fine, but now it wont even open, i double click and nothing. so i cant get into it to change any settings. i dont know if it was one of the updates that made it stop, or that i accidentally stopped it from opening at startup. if its the startup, how do i get it back in my startup list if i cant get back into anydvd, i have updated and installed and uninstalled countless times. please help me! thanks

2. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

Try cleaning your registry with CCleaner.
    I am no expert but it might work.

3. HelpPleas

HelpPleas Regular member

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Also, before you run ccleaner, great I use it, Save your key file for anyDVD (anydvdkey) *************very important****************** save it to a safe place. It is almost impossible to get a new one. Now do an uninstall of AnyDVD and when it asks you if you want to save reg info say NO.
    Reboot.
    Run ccleaner issues again. Install AnyDVD and double click on your reg key to re register it. This should take care of any issues.

5. bknott

bknott Member

nothing has worked, i cleaned registry, i am an avid user of ccleaner. i think my problem started when i accidentally deleted it from my startup. how do i get it back into where it will start up when the computer boots up without gettin into the anydvd because i cant open it up, so is there another way to add to startup with the computer? please help.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

I'm assuming you tried to unistall anydvd using the add/remove programs option?

Once removed from the hard drive, you should of run ccleaner (using the ISSUES section to scan and fix the registry), then you should of installed the latest version 6.1.1.4
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Anydvd, by default is setup to auto start when windows does, this option is found in it's "program settings" section. If the application was running, just right click on the red fox in the task bar and choose settings, then choose program settings.

How did you do this exactly?

Yes, there is another way of getting anydvd to startup when windows does. Look for the shortcut icon on your desktop created by the install, copy-paste the shortcut icon in the startup folder. The startup folder can be found by going to: start-->all programs-->startup....place the shortcut icon in this folder and reboot.

7. bknott

bknott Member

OK, IM GONNA TRY THE UNINSTSALL/REINSTALL, AGAIN, IVE DONE THIS MANY TIMES, EACH TIME REINSTALLING THE NEWEST VERSION. THE WAY I ACCIDENTALLY GOT IT OUT OF MY STARTUP MENU IS I WENT TO CCLEANER TO STARTUP AND STOPPED IT FROM RUNNING, WELL, IT WAS ALMOST AN ACCIDENT, I REALLY WASNT THINKING. BUT I HAVENT RUN CCLEANER AFTER I UNINSTALL, ILL TRY THAT, THEN ILL TRY TO PUT IT BACK INTO MY STARTUP THE WAY YOU TOLD ME WITHOUT DOING IT WITH THE PROGRAM, CAUSE WELL, I CANT OPEN IT ANYMORE. HOPE THIS WORKS, GONNA TRY NOW. THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT SO FAR!

8. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Ok, so it sounds like you deleted the startup entry for anydvd from here?

[​IMG]

If so then, I would suggest you first uninstall anydvd then uninstall Ccleaner, then re-install the latest version of anydvd and see if that fixes the problem.

9. bknott

bknott Member

well, i uninstalled, cleaned with ccleaner,rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, registered. it didnt work again. i put it back in the startup folder as instructed, didnt work still. i am just at a loss as to what has happened, i havent installed/uninstalled anything to screw it up. it just stopped working, when i click on it, i get the little hourglass for a second, then nothing. it will not work. this is crazy. it is not a bogus copy, it is legit, i bought it off slysoft.com and everything is legal. what is going on. i emailed slysoft, yesterday, but they havent replied. im so mad about it i cant see straight, but what can i do?

10. bknott

bknott Member

ok just got your last post, and YES, that is where in ccleaner i deleted it from startup. didnt think to uninstall ccleaner, ill try your way again. thanks, you are really awesome mr. senior member john

11. bknott

bknott Member

wow i tried it and still didnt work. is it a lost cause??? why wont it reinstall and work? i dont get it. ccleaner is gone. is there anything else i can do. i really hate to be such a bother, but i love my anydvd, and thats why i paid the price for it.

12. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Ok, that's odd??? There are other things to try, like:

-reinstalling anydvd in a different directory (not the default one chosen for you), just specify a different location.

-If you can remember when this problem happened, you try and perform a system restore to a time before it happened.

13. bknott

bknott Member

ok, in msconfig, heres my startup, and anydvd is in there. if it is, shouldnt it run? but it wont. and i havent tried putting it in a different directory, i will try that next. but i did do a system restore to a point where i know it did work, and that failed. but heres the startup in misconfig. if you need to see a pic of anything else on my system that would help, let me know.

14. bknott

bknott Member

well that didnt work, lemme try again
    [​IMG]

15. bknott

bknott Member

wow like i need anything else to go wrong, how's this?
    [​IMG]

16. bknott

bknott Member

omg somebody help me what am i doing wrong
    [​IMG]

17. bknott

bknott Member

18. bknott

bknott Member

FINALLY, OK, I SHOULD HAVE CROPPED IT, BUT YOU CAN SEE THAT ITS IN THERE. SO AGAIN, WHY WONT IT WORK. IM STILL GONNA TRY TO SAVE IT TO A DIFFERENT DIRECTORY, ILL POST HOW IT GOES WHEN I GET SOME SLEEP. THANKS AGAIN. SORRY FOR SCREWING UP THE IMAGE UPLOAD ATTEMPT.