1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somebody plz help me! I am the biggest noob at modding

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by and1balla, Jan 14, 2005.

1. and1balla

and1balla Guest

im a noob and i got my xbox back with the xecuter 2.6 lite.So as a noob i went on tons of websites.alright then i turn the xbox on with the modchip enabled it boots but then restart 3 times then it turns the button you open the tray with flash green and red.I dont know what the problem is.plz help me with everything.

p.s i got it from modchipman.com.Also if you have a yahoo account name maybe i can talk to you about my problems.

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

sounds like mabe a bad chip install. open up your box and check all the solder points. if he fried your motherboard like i did my first one, you'll have to buy another mother board and hard drive or new xbox. check all the ground screws in the motherboard, too.

3. corrupt1

corrupt1 Member

Universal solderless adapter
    V1.4 Xbox
    Xecuter 2.6 lite
    I spent hours trying to get this set-up to work. All I ever got was rebooting and fragging. Then I noticed that the solderless adapter did not have as many pins As the pogo pin adapter that came with my chip. After many failed attempts with the sodlerless, I Then took the wire harness with the three wires red, green, and gray and hooked it into the chip. Then stuck the end of the gray wire into the DO point ontop of the mother board " Took me a minute to get that" then secured it with electrical tape." stick it directly onto the mother board" Use the pogo pin adapter and held pressure on the side of the chip so it leans the same way the arrow is pointing on the chip. I powered the xbox on and shazam!!!!!! Got the flash bios screen. I then secured it that way with some super adhesive tape works great. Solderless without the adapter. When securing the chip leaning like that it almost touches the mother board. This worked really great been that way for a while no probs. Hope this helps someone whos having problems with the solderless adapter or who doesn't know how to solder.

Coreect me if I'm wrong but has anoyone using the Universal solderless adapter gotten this to work? Will post pics soon.

4. delphiki

delphiki Guest

does anyone know which screw holes are the ground screws? bcause i installed my cghip (which turned on) and i just set the mobo in (i dind't screw all screwws in...) and it frag (flash-red-and-green) and there was no picture.....i deciced ot take out modchip (which i did flawlessly) and it still Frag.
    i know it could be i fried the mobo..but i am not sure...thanx

5. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

thats your problem. you have to screw in every screw in the mobo. it prolly isn't your chip. stick that thing back in and try screwin all the screws.