1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone help n00b to xbox mods

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by vazel, Mar 8, 2005.

1. vazel

vazel Member

all i want to be able to do is play back up games. which mod chip is best? is there a swap disc available that doesn't require soldering?

2. modster

modster Regular member

what is your xbox version?

the best thing to do is use a modchip and solder it. Modchips now a day is very simple to solder.

I personally recommend Xecuter 3, some here on the forum use Ice, it's up to you. I have done many Xecuter 3 installation and all worked every time.

Now remember, once you have installed the modchip, you need to reflash the bios and aslo load the dashboard.

3. vazel

vazel Member

the xecutor3 requires a larger hd doesn't it? all i want to do is play back up games on dvd-r. will the xenion ice do the job?

4. vazel

vazel Member

5. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

If you just want to copy backup and burn to a blank DVD then you don't need a larger harddrive and either Xecuter 3 or Xenium Ice will do. If you can afford it, at least put in a somewhat larger drive, even only a 30G.

6. vazel

vazel Member

what's this bios flashing and dashboard loading i have to do? i have to do that on xecutor3,xenion ice, and spider modchip? is there a modchip where i don't have to do that?

7. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

you always have to flash your bios and get a dashboard if you put a mod chip in your xbox.

8. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

and the x3 doesnt have to have a biger harddrive. but if you are going to be backing games up then your going to need a biger harddrive anyways. the default harddrive in a xbox is about 8 to 10gb and the games are about 4 gb alone. so you will only be able to get 1 or 2 if you dont get a biger drive.

9. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

the spider mod chip is older then the xecuter3. if you want a good mod chip get ether the xecuter3 or the xenium ice chip. and i sugjest soldering them when you get them also because it isnt to hard to solder and it will stay atached to your xbox motherboard beter then a solderless one.

10. spyman

spyman Regular member

the xenium ice is usually my recommendation for chips :)