1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone Help Please-Sony Dru 510a

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fizzpop, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Member

I am going to buy a dvd rewriter and i am thinking of buying the Sony Dru 510a. Is this any good?? Will it back up ps2 dvds and dvd movies?? Or do you reccomend any other dvd rewriters??? And one more question-What is a/are coaster(s)?? I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks guys.

2. hlam

hlam Member

I bought the dru-510a a few weeks ago and YES, it does burn ps2 dvds and dvd movies like any other burner. So far it's a reliable burner except that i have yet to burn in 4x speed (because of blank dvd costs).

Coasters are cd/dvds that do not work. Usually the fault can be blamed on cheap media but rarely a faulty dvd burner. These 'dead' cd/dvd are given the nickname of coasters because a coaster is a mat for beverages. Thus, these dead cd/dvds are only good for preventing perspiration on a table.

Remember Fizzpop, to play backup ps2 games you have to have a modchip. Don't go out and buy a dvd burner without a plan.

I am sure there are many other combo burners out there today that are cheaper too. Personally, I would just buy a reliable dvd-r burner as it should fit your needs. It's also much cheaper.

3. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Member

Thank you hlam. Yes i do have a mdochip (messiah) and i wanted to buy the 510a because it can do both + and -. Also i trust Sony as a brand and i always go for quality over price.
    Thanks again for ur reply.