1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOMEONE HELP PLZ!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by salman74, Mar 28, 2005.

1. salman74

salman74 Member

Everytime I attemp burning a FULL DVD (usually 4.3G)through Nero 6 (Recode) or DVD Shrink, it always come out a bit choppy during the last 2-6 minutes of the end of the movie! Mind you that I'm using RiData DVD (Printable)! Why is this happening and come someone help me or give me some suggestions on what I should do please?

2. CagadaMan

CagadaMan Member

It's probably because since the movie is so big (4.3G is huge considering a standard DVD can only hold 4.38G), when you burned it, it copied all the way to the very edge of the DVD and it becomes difficult for the laser to read. Thats my guess. You should try using DVD Decryptor next time. It always works perfect for me.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  3. pieman

pieman Regular member

You can either a)set your file size target lower to 4400 or less so it doesnt burn to the edge or b)Change your disc to a decent brand ie taiyo yudens or verbatim

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What speed do you burn at?

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

salman,

pieman's right on. You can adjust the target size in both dvd shrink and recode 2. Even with top quality media it's a good idea to set the target size to 4430 mb or a little under.

6. salman74

salman74 Member

I usually burn at 2x for these Ridata dvd's, but yesterday I went to Best Buy and bought a 5 pack of Sony DVD-RW's to test out and see if it's the media or just a general setting in Nero that seems to be giving me a problem! Well, I burned the same DVD with a size of 4.36 with the Ridata's and came out choppy, but with the Sony's there was no chops, no stills...just perfect. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the media cause I still have a 50 pack of Ritek Printable 8x and am holding my head in my hand now cause I can't return them.

Another thing, you know how you guys mention to customize the target size in Nero, so instead of leaving it at 4.7G I should change it to 4.4G?

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm not sure about nero recode-i've heard it's pretty close to dvd shrink, but I kept my backup target in dvd shrink at 4300 mbs.Just a little more compression,but if those issues are only on the end of your backups,then try the 4300 mb target. I've heard some members go even lower. Usually uneven dye.

Try 4300 mbs,and if all is well,bump it up little by little. I keep mine at 4360 mbs,even though using ty's and verbatim media life plus-now i'm set on 4360 mbs..

Good Luck salman74 and burn on!!

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The weakest link in media tends to be on the outer edge. Thats where the dye is most apt to be uneven or thin.

The settings for recode 2 and dvd shrink will both be in MB. If you have to set the target size to less than 4300 MB then the media is not worth useing.

Those Sony's, if they are +r, could be media code Phillips 041 which is excellent media. I have a 10 pk and have only used 3 because they still burn as good as the first time I used em. Never a freeze or pixelation problem.

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

One more thing to keep in mind. No matter what media you use, it is not 100% free of defects. Even if you use the most reliable brand ever made, you may run into a batch that for whatever reason is defective.

Try and see if the discs toward the bottom of the pack are giving you the same problem. I have had cake boxes with 3 - 5 bad discs in a row. It happens.

10. salman74

salman74 Member

My friend and I split a pack of 50 since it was our first time experimenting with the Ridata's! Out of 25 dvds, I must've killed 6! I still think that there is a less of chancing killing 6 from Sony, Verbatim or even TDK...

I'm thinking about getting the Verbatim DVD-R Printable or even the TDK DVD-R Printable?

Any suggestions?

11. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Go with anything made in japan.