1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone Please Help Convertx Question

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kountrybo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. kountrybo

kountrybo Member

I've been a convertxtodvd user for many years. I've never had an issue with any DVDs I've ever burned with this program at all. Well recently The DVDs I've been burning havent been playing in DVD players! They play in my xbox fine and even my friends car screen, but not in home DVD players.

I recently changed my video codec pack to a windows 7 codec pack. Thats when I noticed the issue. So I switched back to klite, which is what I've always used. I don't know if your codecs affect anything but I switched back anyways. Any idea what would cause this to happen after all these years? I've never had an issue before.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

c'mon.. use that grey lump of stuff between your ears..

if the disks play in your xbox and in a friends dvd player then it's nothing to do with what you are burning on the disks is it? it must be the home dvd player (the only device in your story which doesn't like them)

so have you changed brands or types of media? .. or it may be time to buy a new dvd player.

one quick thing to check.. some dvd players don't like disks with only a VIDEO_TS directory.. they look for an (empty) AUDIO_TS as well and if they don't find it they error no or unknown disk... so just quickly check a working disk against a non working one.

3. kountrybo

kountrybo Member

No, IDK what the issue is guys. I updated to the newest version of ConvertXtoDVD and burned a short episode of a TV series onto a DVD, that worked fine in my DVD player. Then I tried to burn a movie and it just says disc error. It won't work no matter what I try. Every time I burn a movie it just says disc error in the DVD player. But it works fine in my xbox 360. Someone please help, I've never had an issue like this before.

It seriously has me pulling my hair out because every time I try to burn a movie it takes over an hour and I'm having no success! So I'm just wasting my blank DVDs. Ive been using the same DVDs for years and never had an issue.