1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone please help quick... brick i think !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DEVINRL, Jul 11, 2007.

1. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

sad to sayy... i had my brand new looing 3.40oe-a psp all perfect and fixed up with marvel vs. capcom and everything.. i tried to replace top menu xmb... and different color volume bar.. it worked on my other psp.. and figured it all out... my 3.03 oe-c... did the switches w.e moving on... put the memory stick on my 3.40 oe-a.. and nothing was changed since i guess it takes up mb memory but keeps it stored in flash0... well i tried replacing the top menu icons again with premade ones from the download package.. and also the volume color change into green.. and also the gameboot anime... into that final fantasy lookin one.. i exit recovery mode.. and looks as if my psps bricked... turns on and shows green light...and new black screen and cant load to anything else =[ is there anything i can fix up in recovery mode? or put something in there to fix it??? pleaseee anybody out there with good ideas before i try to sell it for 50 dollars or something

2. malinki

malinki Regular member

You've flashed 3.03 OE customisations to 3.40 OE!! The topmenu structure is different and causes a semi-brick - Its easily fixed though, either

A: Download a 3.40 Theme and re-flash that over the top
    B: Restore your original files to flash (you did make a backup right?)
    C: Reflash OE/1.5 from the recovery menu

3. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

o thankyou thankyouuuuuu!!!!!!! i completelyyyyyyyyyy forgot you cant do that with the 3.40 oe-as!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahhh!! im not gay but i love you for reminding me quick before i sold it on ebay! i even already listed it!.. daynggggg so walk me through it pleasee

4. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

which ways the best?? and how do i reflash???

5. malinki

malinki Regular member

What do you need walking through?

I'll presume to begin with that you have either A: a backup of the original flash files or B: a 3.40 Theme.

1.Coldboot the PSP into recovery mode by holding R-Trigger at boot
    2.Click the advanced menu, toggle USB Flash 0
    3.Copy all the backup/3.40 Theme files over the top of the existing files within your flash
    4.Reboot your PSP
    5.PSP now working.

If you haven't those files, you need the recovery files.
    Place this in PSP/GAME in a folder called RECOVERY
    Run recovery mode and start RUN PROGRAM AT PSP/GAME/RECOVERY

The recovery files are available all over the web, including (i believe) http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

6. funky22

funky22 Guest

7. malinki

malinki Regular member

In answer to your 2nd post, its easier to replace the files in flash0 than recover but both methods will work

8. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

thankyou both...... i already tried replcing the files then exiting out and same thing... black screen with green light on... after i do that do i need to run program at psp/game/recovery... or only do that after i get the new recovery files?

9. malinki

malinki Regular member

AFTER YOU GET THE RECOVERY!!!!!

don't try it without the files on your MS whatever you do

10. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

sorry for double post but yeahh... im downloading that recovery file.. i love the sound of that.. hahah.. damn my heart was beating after i had a feeling it was bricked.. im so thankful for you guys.. you dont even know.. i was ready to go sell my baby..=[.. haha daynng lets just hope this method worx..

11. malinki

malinki Regular member

After you get the recovery files on your memory stick! Whatever you do don't try and run it without the recovery files installed. If it gets to the formatting flash 0 part and you haven't all the files on your stick you really will have a brick

12. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

OMY GAWD I ALREADY DID TRY IT WITHOUT THE RECOVERY FILES!!!! AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =[ AWWWWW MAYNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! theres nothing i can do now or what??????

13. malinki

malinki Regular member

It depends on whether it started to format flash 0 or not

(it won't of if you didn't have any recovery files already on your stick, its if you had the recovery folder but not the 1.5 eboot that its an issue)

As long as you can still get into recovery its not an issue, if its started to format flash 0 its a full brick.

14. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

oooooo ok...... so i need the 1.5 eboot and then throw the recovery files into the recovery folder??? aww u guys never said anything about throwing that in too... so where does the 1.5 eboot get thrown into?? cause i still got recovery mode luckily

15. malinki

malinki Regular member

It depends on the recovery files you've grabbed. Some people don't include the eboot (as its not meant to be distributed by anybody other than sony and affiliates)

Best thing to do is look at the files in the recovery menu, you should have a pbp file thats about 13mb in size (i think its called eboot.pbp in recovery, it may be update.pbp - can't recall and my PSP isn't to hand)

If your still stuck type all the files you have in the recovery here and i'll check it out for you

16. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i downloaded a fresh 1.50 eboot... luckily i dont think it went through.. because i through the whole folder after i extracted what FUNKY22 gave me to d.l..... so i made folder called RECOVERY in psp/game... and just through 150_RECOVERY IN THERE.. it has a read me.. and the right recovery file which is 13.3 MB... what to do now? throw 1.50 eboot along with the recovery??

17. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

and sorry to doubl post again.. but do i have to change eboot.pbp into update.pbp ?? or is that just for upgrading... and do i have to change the eboot name period?? try and be specific... preciate it malinki

18. malinki

malinki Regular member

Right, looks like the folder you have is complete. Ignore the seperate 1.5 eboot you have and concentrate on the recovery folder.

1.Connect PSP to USB and browse to PSP/GAME
    2.Make a new folder in GAME called RECOVERY
    3.Double click the RECOVERY folder in My Computer
    4.Leave that window open
    5.Open the 1.50RECOVERY FOLDER
    6.Copy EVERYTHING from the recovery folder to PSP/GAME/RECOVERY
    7.Make sure one file in the directory is around 13mb
    8.Run recovery

19. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i feel as if i already tried that.... i took the files out of the folder this time.. the read me and the actual file... and then ran it.. and same thing =[....

20. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

maybe it being on 3.40 oe-a maybe i put it in the game 150 folder???? what do you think?