1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please help this noob :(

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by killerape, Jan 20, 2007.

1. killerape

killerape Member

i looked at the forums and saw nothing about this, im sorry if i overlooked it

i have swapmagic 3.6 im using Fuji 4.7GB DVD+R i used dvd dcrepter and got nuruto uzumake chronicals, and okami backed up on my hard drive that was easy. i then burn them to the Fuji DVD+R that worked fine also

This is where it gets screwy, i used the swap magic it worked fine i put in the game it worked fine :D only for about 1 min then i turned it off to do the dished thinking it would work again....it didnt :( swap magic still works fine and properly its just the game it dosnt want to load up it goes to the black screen and does that one flicker everyone sees (the one you know that its going to work...like a white line in the middle of the screen) after than nothing happens i have left it for 5min+ still black screen

someone please help me

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

its possible you have an older ps2 and those dont support dvd+r so if thats the case buy dvd-r

3. Playr

Playr Regular member

Are you booktyping the +Rs to DVD-ROM to increase their playback compatibility?

4. gcd04

gcd04 Member

I've had nothing but success using Sony DVD+R while burning at 1X speed.

5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

well i guess your ps2 is just having a problem with fujifilm dvd+r
    try to purchase something else and use those for movies....

6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Have you tried other kinds of different media besides Fujifilm? It could be that the brand of discs you've been using up to now to burn these games aren't being burnt correctly onto the media and read well enough by your PS2's laser, causing a problem with loading and reading. The quality of a disc could always deteriorate, just dunno when specifically depending on which brand of media you're using.