1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SommerJ, Dec 30, 2003.

1. SommerJ

SommerJ Member

I've been hiding under a rock, yes... to prove that, up until now, I've NEVER played a ps2 or touched one in any way.
    Well, I just bought a second hand one at a swapshop, which means, NO INSTRUCTION booklet. I figured, No problem, how hard can it be?
    I bought some games at my local gaming store and set off home to use it.

The problem, besides having a bit of trouble navigating the menus... it comes to an area that says... Cannot perform this action due to parental control.

I bought a parentally locked system!
    We tried entering a few numbers (lol, what WERE we thinking), no luck. Is there ANY way to set a PS2 back to all manufacturer's defaults, and is there an online manual anywhere to be found to print up so I can learn how to use this damn thing?

It won't even play dvd's because of the parental lock on it.

Please help!

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

here's a cut and paste hope it helps To clear the password that has already been set, press SELECT then 7444 when asked for a password. You will then be prompted to set a new password. Make it something easy like 0000. Then go into Custom Setup (the icon looks like a lock with a key hole). Go down to Parental Control. It will probably ask you for a password when you try to modify these settings, so enter 0000 (or whatever password you entered) when prompted. Go down to level, and set it to Off. Then you are done. You can exit the menus and return to playing your DVD.