1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone please help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by wnfldwhtboy1981, Jan 29, 2012.

1. wnfldwhtboy1981

wnfldwhtboy1981 Member

my 360 disc drive is completely no good, when its hooked up three red lights flash and when i disconnect the disc drive it is all green again. i have a phillips & lite-on digital solutions dg-16d2s-09c can i just replace with new one of same brand because i can smell something burnt in back of disk drive itself. someone please help its my sons christmas present

2. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

you need the dvd drive key from the old one or to switch the board from the old drive. My guess is that the board in the drive is bad so that is no longer an option. the key is matched to the motherboard and is needed for the drive to work.
    The only hope you have if Im right about the board being bad is to jtag if its on an old enough dashboard or reset glitch hack it and get the key that way. nether one is easy if you cant solder and or are new to that stuff. Yours is glitch able if that is the original drive type(all HDMI models are). You will still need a new drive and it will need firmware flashed to it with the matching key or the drive will not work. If you leave it reset glitched its the same as jtaging and you will no longer be able to go on line but you can then run games from the hard drive. Setting all that up isn't noob friendly.