1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone please tell me the easiest way to burn xbox games.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xboxguy, Oct 6, 2004.

1. xboxguy

xboxguy Guest

Could someone tell me an easy way to burn xbox games. Make backups of them, i don't want to import them on to my harddrive.

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  3. clarky

clarky Regular member

xiso is a piece of shit. Use qwix, craxtion 4, or xxxiso. Then burn the image with nero or record now max.

4. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I have no idea why so many people agree. I have yet to find a problem with xISO to stop me from using it.

5. clarky

clarky Regular member

From xbox scene -

To continue.. many release groups to this day still use various versions of XISO by YURSOFT. XISO.. from it's conception.. has been riddled with bugs. Version 0.71 introduced memory leaks and DLL conflicts. 0.73 introduced issues with directory chain handling.. as well as file count issues. 0.80 introduced problems with FILE NAMING issues.

YURSOFT.. has done little to clean up these problems. Current version 1.10+ include BURNING features, and an updated GUI from original.. but YURSOFT still hasn't finished removing OLD bugs from their newest software. They seem to prefer to add new features.. whether needed or not.. instead of tackling the issue of BUGS.

XISO's problems are not limited to the PRODUCTION of IMAGE files. XISO can still royally screw you if you use it for EXTRACTION of downloaded or "acquired" ISO images from third part sources. XISO seems to have issues, either with it's own buggered ISO files.. or ISO's produced by some other flaky third part software. Some Directories get duplicated, others unexpectedly LOSE files. Minor File Corruption also occurs on occasion.

All of these problems are intermittent. Many people would suggest that they have burned a number of copies.. where XISO was used at some stage of the process.. with success. This may be true.. XISO will not screw up everything. In fact.. it has gotten better with each new release. However.. it still trips over issues that it has had problem with for 6 months now.

YURSOFT.. a small outfit.. produces XISO. He was quoted as saying that he actually "DIDN'T OWN AN XBOX" during early development of XISO. Imagine.. producing a tool like this without owning an XBOX at all. (kind of impressive it works this well actually)

There is a third issue to consider.. and the final reason for not using XISO.. is.. it does NOT PRODUCE A PROPER XBOX ISO! The format it produces.. is a cross between UDF and standard ISO.. kind of like a mutant. It's worse actually.. as it does NOT PROPERLY mimic the original MS layout for files.

Sometimes.. you may think XISO worked fine. However.. later.. sometimes weeks or months later... you may end up discovering that you have a buggered backup. Typically.. you may learn this from going a certain distance in a games.. and finding consistent lock-ups. Or worse.. when the day comes that you may need to backup your backup.. and learn that you cannot RE-READ the backup FULLY using XBCOPY or FTP programs!

From current news v1.5 and higher are not that much better than the previous version.

News: Creator and Developer are now retired.

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Ok now I understand. Thank you for the information and I will now stop using xISO.