1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone plese help me with this problem :(

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by darthkill, Feb 6, 2005.

1. darthkill

darthkill Member

i have a cube fitted with a viper all my dvd-rs boot fine but a few of them whilst im playin stop and a message comes up saying disk could not be read please read your manual for details does anyone know if this is a poor media issue and if so do i need to tweek my laser a little more to fix it?

2. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

sorry to break the news to ya, captain, but that's the problem 90% of us are dealing with. no one knows a universal fix for it. most say tweaking your laser to 200 or so Ohms resistance will help. mine is set to 180 Ohms and i still have errors regularly. you'll just have to deal with it for now.

what kind of media do you use, btw?

3. darthkill

darthkill Member

im using datawrite 8cm dvd-rs im pretty sure they use ritech die which i understand is the best my laser is set to 200 ohms at the moment oh well i guess if everyone gets it thats a relif i thought it was just me its not a big problem its just certain games like mario golf and starwars rebel strike just freeze at a certain point in the game and wont go any further

4. darthkill

darthkill Member

ive heard rumours that if you burn the iso at 1x speed you should have no problems at all but wether this is true or not i dont know

5. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

it's not true. some people can't even burn at 1x. it really just seems to be luck-of-the-draw to find out what works for you. all i can say is try anything once. you just never know.

doesn't datawrite use datawrite dye? ritek and datawrite make discs for others, don't they? you should run dvdinfopro to identify the manufacturer ID and that'll give you the info to identify the dye.

i hear people have a lot of luck with memorex minis. you might try that, but i don't know the manufacturer id of them.

if anyone can provide more info, that'd be great. thanks.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I use ritek and works everytime! burn at 4x too! never anything slower

7. 5000

5000 Member

I use some crappy no-name dvd media i paid 20$ canadian for 50 of em, and i rarely get the disc read failure. I burn them at 4x and my laser was originally and still is set at around 145ohms

8. 5000

5000 Member

sorry double post

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  9. KaitouAce

KaitouAce Member

20 canadian? that must mean like, 9 cents American right? I saw Canadian Bacon, you know.

well if you run DVDInfoPro, and click on Media with the disc in your drive, it'll tell you the manufacturer of the disc where it says "Manufacturer ID" and that's all that matters. So check that out for me and post the result ok? that could be your problem.

FYI: I bought some "Liquid Vision" discs DIRT-CHEAP... 7.99 for a 50pk! turns out the discs are PRINCO! at 190 Ohms, they work flawlessly (except Tales of Symphonia has trouble with some fmvs and DREs during them) on my cube! try to find some princos if you can. and full-size discs seem to give people better results on the whole.

let me know what happens!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  10. darthkill

darthkill Member

thanks for all the suggestions guys much appreciated :)