1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone tell me what I turned on in WIN XP? (cd message)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by buzzlo11, Mar 9, 2004.

1. buzzlo11

buzzlo11 Member

Whenever I place a cd, or dvd, written or otherwise in the player, I get the folder "new folder" icon and above it saying "files ready to be written to cd" even if it's a industry formatted cd, this folder appears when I click to explore the cd, dvd, etc.

I've turned something on. Of course, if I tryed to write on it, nothing would happen, I just don't like the idea of something intrusive...

thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's windows built in burning utility. At some point you had windows lined up to burn some files and then didn't.

The built in utility is worthless and unneeded if you use real burning software like Nero or RecordNow so it's a good idea to disable the service.

Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Services-->IMAPI CD Burning COM Service which can to be disabled by double clicking on it, going to the Startup Type drop-down and selecting "Disabled".

And welcome to AD :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro/M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004