1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someones sig

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by lmac222, Jan 27, 2007.

1. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

about a month ago someone had replied to one of my posts. Which one i cant recall, but anyways he had a bunch of useful links in his sig including a way to reduce the time it takes to bootup your computer. I guess my question is who would this be as he also had a bunch of other things i was meaning to try out or i guess just tell me how i can reduce the time it takes to boot up

ty in advance

2. onya

onya Guest

Lengthy bootup times can be a symptom of many things, some not so good. When some programs are installed, they often include themselves in the startup menu. So if you can do without an app running in the background, not being used, disable it. Here's a multipurpose Cleaner, it also happens to be free :) Edit; And from Finland.

Also a good Defragg daily or weekly, will definetely speed things up. This defragger maker has a freebie somewhere on their site 'cause I have it. Version 4.0 pro.

Last but not least, alot of people like CrapCleaner, it's also very easy to use and also very free.

The not so good thing with slow reboots, is viruses, malware and all the other net nasties. If you need some A/V or want more, try AfterDawns A/V thread, there's free stuff also.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2007
  3. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

4. onya

onya Guest

@bunny_c, thanks for the link also, there's enough there to keep anyone busy for some time... :}

Cheers.

5. JVC

JVC Active member

@Imac222..............
    Look just above the AfterDawn logo, at the top of this page. See "My Account", with an underline? Click on it. Then in the next page that opens, scroll down, and under Functions you'll see "See list of your forum posts". Click on that and you'll see every thread listed, with every post you've made, since you joined AfterDawn. You should be able to find that guys post, you mentioned. Also easy to keep up with posts, without subscribing to them. Every time I come to AD, I go there, before doing anything else.
    Enjoy!

6. lmac222

lmac222 Regular member

ive done that, but apparently hes changed his sig since i believe, and about the bootup, i didnt mean like the programs running

i meant i believe i read where u see teh black windows xp logo, saying something like reducing the amount of time all ur stuff boots

7. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

no problem.
    :)