1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something compairable to a Yamaha RX-V1

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by Darkmat, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Darkmat

Darkmat Member

I have a Yamaha RX-V1 that I've had for around 8 years now. I got it new from Tweeter when they were still in business. I love the sound when I play both cds and movies but yesterday I noticed that the right main floor speaker wasn't working. I switched both the main speakers and found out that its not the speakers but the channel in the receiver that went bad. As I said I really like the sound but the receiver is getting dated (no hdmi). I was wondering what price range for the new receivers would I need to look at to get a compairable sound ($300 $500 $1000 or even $4000). Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks Rich

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive seen yamaha newer models for about $1000 brand new.also seen on the net reviews for denon and onkyo both are suppose to be top receivers and price wise are about same as yamaha maybe even cheaper.
    i also have a thread for suggestions for a new sound system as im using a philips sterio from about 1992.