1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something in my PS2 is scratching my discs in circles (so unreadable)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by VJbob, Oct 6, 2004.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

My La Pucelle game and my FFX-2 game are completely wrecked at certain sections (battles, and loading periods where they stall forever) because of circular scratches all over the PS2 that look like they are from my laser. I have a v.1 PS2 30001 and I have heard things like the laser might be too close (how do I fix that without a technician) or their is debris in the tray. I've bought the liner for the tray, I'm used lens cleaners, and dusters for the inside of the PS2 but the same problem.

Even my swap magic DVD is wrecked for scratches and won't load (I wonder if Swap Magic 3 will work with my PS2 version ((is there any difference?)).

Anyone else having this problem or know of a solution? Thanks.

2. BushidoTW

BushidoTW Member

I recommend putting [bold]d_skins[/bold] on your commercial discs. I use it on my Swap Magic and HDAdvance discs and works perfectly while inside the PS2 and protecting it at all times.

http://www.d-skin.com
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Enjoy the freedom.[/small]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  3. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

Bought plenty of D-Skins until I realized that my discs were still getting mauled (both the skin and the disc). Plus, I usually get failures in "converting" when a disc is wearing a d-skin.