1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something is wrong and im slowly going mental

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by whatcha55, Mar 7, 2007.

1. whatcha55

whatcha55 Guest

Ok. Ive been trying to use bittorrent. It was working fine for a while. When i say fine, i mean sometimes fast soemtimes slow. Even with torrents that should be going fast considering my 8meg connection and highly seeded torrents but only peak with mabye 20/kbps.
    But now its not doing anything. I wasnt to annoyed by the fact that it wasnt going as fast as it should, so id have to wait 4 or 5 hours rathger than 1 or 2. But now thats its decided to give up completly i want to do something.
    Right now, the torrents highly seeded and many peers, is going at the most 2kbps. Thats through the bittorrent program. Using port 58889. No firewalls are blocking this port.
    My normal downloading for any files on the internet is at a max in the first few seconds 1mbps, then usually settles around 400kbps.
    Im running on vista and through a bt home hub. Dont know if that helps to know.
    Please someone figure this out for me. Because i am way past understanding whats wrong.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. whatcha55

whatcha55 Guest

I have done that before. Did it a few days ago, and it didnt help in the end. Still slow speeds. And i nice update, they have no stopped completly
    But hey, thanks for trying to help anyway.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

5. whatcha55

whatcha55 Guest

Cant find anything on vista that may be the problem, but it is new so mabye no-ones found it yet. As for my isp, i belive its BT

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

BT seems fine, no clue then.