1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something rotten in the state of my burning..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by raijinx, Mar 12, 2005.

1. raijinx

raijinx Member

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forums as this is my first post. I recently purchased a Benq 1620 DVDRW and have tried mutliple times to create working dvds to no avail. After many guides, I'm kind of lost as what to do.

After following nearly every guide available, my end result is the same. The DVD is recognized in my computer (does play) and is not recognized in my home players (it just reads loading/reading and thats it) Now my DVD players are both compatible with dvd+-R ( I have both media types from friends and they play fine) and I am using Maxell DVD-R media. I have tried various programs. This method produced my last coaster:

1)used VSO divxtodvd, it created VOB files and ifo files in given directory under VIDEO_TS

2)Attempted to use both Copy2DVD and Nero(newest version) and both have my home players just spinning, they say reading/loading and nothing is happening, and on my PC the dvd doesn't autostart, it needs to be manually started (regular dvds autostart)

Any help with this please and thank you.

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

use decryptr to rip.its free .use dvd shrink to compress.its free too.nero will burn it.

3. raijinx

raijinx Member

That is one process I used before the one i stated, same end result.

4. gamename

gamename Regular member

try usind anydvd with shrink deep analysis.you can get a free trial version of anydvd.run it in the back ground while using shrink.thre is also software called dvdinfo.this should give you alot of info on your dvds and your friends.

5. raijinx

raijinx Member

Done and the major difference it seems is that my discs don;t say "application-Nero Burning Rom" as where the others do