1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something that worries me about the Wxripper method...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by crizu7, Apr 14, 2007.

1. crizu7

crizu7 Member

It requires opening up the dvd drive. Are there any dangers for radiation exposure to the laser?

2. DodgeM4s

DodgeM4s Member

Should be fine just as long as you dont look directly into the laser while its doing its thing.

I was doing the Wxripper way for a while but got sick of making coasters and CRC errors so i just bought a Samsung SH-D162C drive.

If you dont know what the D162C drive is, its a standard DVD rom for your PC and when flashed with the KREON flash, it can read xbox 1 and 360 games AND you can use it as a normal DVD rom too.

3. fgamer

fgamer Guest

Trust me you don't have anything to worry about, after you use the stop drive function with wxripper the laser shouldn't be on anyways when you make the swap. So you pretty much have nothing to worry about.

4. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

You have nothing to worry about radiation, follow the wxripper directions and there is no problem. I would recommend wxripper method over all, I bought the ts drive and flashed it with kreon .81 i believe, and it is more convenient but i get an occasional read error, so ironically even with this drive i still used disk hotswap and wxripper because it has a perfect ratio. Using wxripper, ssmerger, imgburn, and verbatim DVD+R DL disks I have made 32 working copies without a single failure.

My two cents.

5. mr_cheese

mr_cheese Member

would you be able to give me a couple of tips on your succses thanks, any help would be great!!!