1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something unusual with azureus...

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by peterjam, Apr 15, 2005.

1. peterjam

peterjam Member

Hey everyone, you've probablye read posts like this a gazillion times, but my problem is a little bit different, so here we go.
    I have a motorola sb4100 surfboard cable modem, that's it, a tv-like cable plugged in its back, and a standard ethernet cable plugged from the modem to my computer, so as far as i'm concerned I have no router. My connection speed is 1mbps.
    So I started using azureus a few days ago and all was great (for my speed I guess), I was downloading at 100kbps, and every port I tested using azureus got an OK as a result. Suddenly 3 days ago, I got only yellow faces on azureus, and every port gave me a NAT ERROR result when tested. Here's the weird part, if I let my computer turned on for 30 minutes, then all the ports yield an OK result when tested, and I get green faces, except that now my downoad speeds don't go over 40 kbps. I haven't, repeat, haven't changed anything on the configuration, upload speed limits or anything, I have only used different port numbers, but the speed stays the same. My windows xp firewall is disabled, and I haven't found any info on how to forward the ports on my modem, if this is what I need to do. So, does anyone know what could be causing this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

1. It may be that your ISP capped your speed for downloading too much. Which would be unusual because ISPs don't usually cap speeds that fast. Do you live in a congested area (i.e. an area where everyone is using the same internet company as you)

2. Have you read this thread yet? http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/180005

Try out some of the suggestions and see if you get any increase in speeds.

3. Since you don't have a router and firewall there's no need to forward your ports.

4. Have you checked that your Java is up to date?

3. peterjam

peterjam Member

hey toiletman, thanks a lot for your answer I really appreciate it.
    I don't think that my ISP has capped my speed, because when I use Ares to download something my speeds can go to a little more than 100 kpbs, and when I download something from a web site my speed is around 130 kbps.
    I have checked and I have the latest version of Java.
    I read the other thread and the only thing left for me to do is to install an antivirus program, I just installed antivir, they say it's pretty good. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if things improve, maybe there are just some problems with my intenet company. I'm really hoping to download at 100 kbps again. Anyway, thanks a lot, I'll let you know if things work out.
    thanks