1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

something went wrong

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Jezzter, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Jezzter

Jezzter Member

okay, i was downgrading my friends psp
    it's a 3.72 regular firmware psp by that i mean the fat
    i used a pandora's battery and a magic memory stick
    but when it finished. it finished regularly but when i turn it on
    i take out the mem stick and put in a regular battery but it wont load it gets to the xmb but all it shows is the date and time but hallowed
    what should i do? because im stuck, and im pretty sure it's bricked
    almost as if...the pandora doesnt work on a TA082+ psp?
    it's a TA082+ psp since...i tried to used the recovery and it said so
    so i let it patch and it downgraded then it said
    press x and all that,but it wouldnt reboot
    help me..., also should i instead just make a mem stick that'll just downgrade the psp to 1.5? if there is one because i dont know

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

pandora's battery/magic memory stick works on ALL psp's. my fat ps2 is a ta-082 and i downgraded it to 1.5 and then to 3.52 m33-4 with no problems.

the magic memory stick you should use is the universal unbricker v3. it puts the psp straight to 3.71 m33-2. because if you use the original magic memory stick and go back to 1.5, you'll have to spend more time upgrading, as 3.71 can only be installed from 3.52 m33-3 or m33-4. your upgrade path would be: 1.50 -> 3.52 m33 -> 3.52 m33-4 -> 3.71 m33 -> 3.71 m33-3.

if the universal unbricker doesn't work, then be prepared to do a lot of copying and deleting.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you use your PSP to create the magic memory Stick?

If so let me guess you have a custom theme installed?

This is usually the case when the XMB comes up and you only get the time and date. This happens with both PTF and Flash0 themes. So if you have a PTF theme installed or have a theme flashed to the Flash0 you will need to apply the orignal theme to your PSP before creating the Magic Memory Stick.

This should fix your issue.

If your going to update to 3.71 M33 then go HERE and follow this guide which will do a straight install to 3.71 M33-2. Then you will need to download the 3.71 M33-3 update and apply that (Make sure the Original XMB is applied to whatever PSP your using).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007