1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes play,sometimes not??

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by MervinJ, Dec 9, 2004.

1. MervinJ

MervinJ Member

What makes this happen?I use dvd decryptor,dvd shrink and nero.Sometimes I get perfect backups and sometimes 'they take a while to warm up'.(Wont play unless they feel like it)
    Another question....are there better quality burners out there??Do they affect burning reliability??(I have a liteon + -)If so how??
    Do better quality discs make more reliable backups??If so what brands??

Thanks in advance.

Reg

PS this is a great site.Without it I would have never found the two excellent programs above.

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Yes!!!!!
    Better quality discs can make a world of difference. People often make the mistake of assuming that because they cost alot then they are good discs. That really couldn't be further from the truth. It is quite easy to find quality discs cheaper than the crap stuff if you buy online.
    Maybe some reading material for you.....
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello mervinj, zippyd is right on the media issue. It is the #1 problem of dvd burning and is magnefied in the stand alone player.He gave you a link to look up the dvd code #. Down load this link,if it works?,for a great program that will tell you what code is on your media: http://www.dvdinfopro.com >Tell us what your codes are, that should explain a media issue. Also, I have noticed quite a bit of difference in the quality of burners. This will throw off the stand alone players as well.On your better quality media question. Every one has a favorite, same thing,different burner,different media.For - format burning i use Maxell, for + format, I love verbatim. Later

4. MervinJ

MervinJ Member

Thanks fellas.

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

A good "thank you" once in a while makes it all worthwile.