1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

somthings wrong help plz

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Noobia, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Noobia

Noobia Guest

hello, im new to this so bare with me im using dvd shrenk and dvd dcrypter i made a iso and all that know ive went back to dvd decrypter and when i get ready to write the dvd and after i insert a blank disc it tells me at the bottom device not ready (focus servo error)the disc im using is a maxell DVD-R
    4.7gb 120min if any one knows whats going or or can help me please let me no thx

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved from dvd-roms*

make and model of your burner?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  3. flip218

btw ... I'm pretty sure you've multiposted this. Just can't find it.

4. flip218

5. Noobia

Noobia Guest

sry about the multi posting (wont happen again)

6. flip218

make model of your burner?

7. Noobia

Noobia Guest

its a dvd writer dvd200i

8. Noobia

Noobia Guest

btw the speed of the maxell is 4x but when i use a 8x memorex dvd+r 4.7 120 min it works but it wont play on my home player

9. flip218

From your other thread:
    You cannot use -R media. You've got a +R(RW) burner.

How will it not play? it skips, freezes or just don't start? Have you tried setting the burn speed at 4x?

10. Noobia

Noobia Guest

yea i set the burn speed at 4x then i burn it it burns sucessfully but when i put it in my home dvd player it just sits there and says 'Loading...
    then after a while it will say no disc. iono why it wont read it any ideas

11. Noobia

Noobia Guest

Also i can put 1 of thouse maxell dvd-r in and it will start to burn for like 5 seconds then it will say

I/O error!

device [1:0:0] hp dvd writer 200j 1.36 (e:) (ATA)

sccisstatus 0x02
    interpretation check condition

CDB 2a 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation Command sequence error

and now when i put a the 1 in that used to work before the memorex it will go through buffer 100% then as it goes on to device buffer it just sits there and wont go anyfarther ive let it run for 20 minutes just a while ago...im digging a deeper and deeper hole...

12. flip218

13. Noobia

Noobia Guest

thx alot i think this helped me out alot on which media to choose...thx for showing me this site

heres what it says
    Software is worthless, but burning ok. However it doesn'rt accept Maxell +R media I bought today. Tried firmware 1.36 and 1.51, but it doesn't burn Maxell. Philips, Fuji is ok.

14. flip218

ahhh ... that's what I though it meant ;) just wasn't sure.

If your referring to DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter ... it's actually quite good and not to mention it's free.

The Maxell's are rated at 8x, right? What is the speed of the Philips & Fuji?

Have you ever been able to backup movies? If yes, when did your problems start?

15. Noobia

Noobia Guest

my problems started right when i bought memorex discs
    i got a hp one it doesent say the speed though only the + and avilible space i used it my computer copied a movie and it worked fine but i went to get more (memorex) rather through away some money cause i couldnt take them back after they where opend i havent got around to trying other media's besides memorex and maxell like you said the maxells probably dont work because of my +R burrner and on that phillips and fiju that was a review alot of people gave. so i probably will get some new discs any recomindations. But can you think of any reason why the memorex wouldnt even start to play on my player it has to be compatable with burnt media because i used that hp disc that i got with the comp

16. flip218

Cause memorex sucks ... I used memorex when I first started. Don't even look at them. I laugh at those who buy them in mass bulk when they are on sale.

As far as compatibility ... you can check your player here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

Recommendations?

I mainly use branded Verbatim +R's, I've also had very good luck with TDK +R's.

17. Noobia

Noobia Guest

thx alot flip218 youve been alot of help. this is by far the best site for help in media and all other things i really appreciate it ill let you no how it goes with the new disc hopfully the turnout will be a good one

thx again