1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Son wants Minecraft but need some help please.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Solomace, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Solomace

Solomace Member

Hi peeps,

I'm an old giffer here who doesn't understand all these fangdangled things like "flashed" and "Jtag" etc.

Give me a good old Vic 20 computer anytime...

Anyway, my question is that I have a flashed 360 that plays everything so far including Fifa 13 etc, however my son wants to play Minecraft.

My question is, can I go on live and download the game as it's asking for an update (we don't play it online). Will this effect my "backups"?.

I have a version already on a flashdrive, but I don't think it will work as I don't know what "jTag" means and thus xexmenu blah blah blah.

Can any of you young brainiacs please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya without a jtag or RGH (Reset Glitch Hack) system, you can't play XBLA games on a flashed Xbox 360. Need either the jtag or RGH option to do that.

For you the best option would probably be the RGH method since it's newer and more support since it basically took over the jtag systems (though they're still out there).

If you still want Xbox Live, then you may want to look into the DemoN chip by Team-Xecuter, which allows you to have a modded box to play backups and have an RGH Box all in one.

3. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

to answer your question as you asked it, yes you can connect to live and download the game, you have nothing to worry about as long as everything was and is being done correctly!

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Oh my bad, I didn't read that question right... What peluynati said is perfect, I thought you were downloading the game not from Xbox Live and trying to play it... my bad!