1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

song info finder program

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by B1gDRock, Apr 11, 2007.

1. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

im looking for a program that will correct the album and artist information on my songs on my ipod. some of my mp3s and mp4s dont have what artist or what album the song is from. is there a program that will look up the information and fix the file for me? thanks.

2. cjdj

cjdj Regular member

if you have an itunes account it does it for you matey. It will search for the album info from the itunes store.

Go to advanced => get album artwork or get cd track names.

But like i said you do need an itunes account and will hav to go

store => sign in

before you will be able to clik those two things i mentioned above in the advanced drop down menu.

Hope this helps

chris

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

He's talking about if you don't know the right album or name for the songs, a program that will fix it for you, I think. I don't know of any out there, but someone here might. ;-)

4. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

ya jazo132 knows what im talking about

5. Mez

Mez Active member

Unfortunatly, the problem is kind of like you want a phone number but don't remember the person's name only the town they live in. You need the name to find the number. I am not an expert, but I am sure you need to do that manually. If you know the artist you might be able to guess the album. With that information software will be able to match the song. It will only be as correct as the information you gave it. Maybe in 10-20 years there will be software that can 'listen' to music and figure out who the artists are but not now.

6. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

its not that i dont know the song its the album. they dont have software that can look up the song and the artist and match it to its correct album?

7. Mez

Mez Active member

Maybe the song was live and never on an ablum or maybe it was on several albums. Maybe your name does not EXACTLY match the album name. The possibliities for error are endless. Since the album is not listed this indicates a human named the song. There is a 100 to 1 shot the human got the name EXACTLY the same as it is written on the CD. Sometimes the 'popular name' is compleatly different from the official name. Close only works for the human mind. Writing software that would do this would be a difficult and thankless job. It would be so easy to make a mistake then the user would be unhappy. The worst part is as diffucult as the programming would be, no one would want to pay for it.

Try googling Solitare music. There is a very useful site called Solitare. I do not agree with the guy's taste but he has an incredable amount of information about artists and albums.