1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Song names when burning to a cd

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JoeP28, Aug 5, 2007.

1. JoeP28

JoeP28 Member

Hello All This is my first post

I just started to burn my music files to cd using a lightscribe hp burner and lightscribe discs and wmp 11. All goes well, but the burned cd does not show the song names only Track 1 etc. Please can anyone help.

Thanks
    Joe

2. undine

undine Regular member

Regular audio cd's do not contain tags with the song titles,etc. Mp3 cd's do contain these tags.On the computer,your media player can find audio cd's song titles by finding them on the internet.

3. JoeP28

JoeP28 Member

Thank you for the response. However the songs on my computer are in mp3, but when I burn them to a disk the song titles are not burned and they do not show up in a car cd player. How can I get the song titles burned so that they show up?

Thanks
    Joe

4. undine

undine Regular member

Does your car player play mp3's? If so,check and see if the files have tags.If they do ,the problem is likely with your car player.Does the car player play other mp3 cd's and show title info?

5. JoeP28

JoeP28 Member

Good point. Since I am doing this for someone I will have to ask them. I have a program called stamp that shows there are tags. However, once the CD is burned shouldn't I be able to see the song file names instead of track 1, track 2 etc when I look at the disc through windows explorer? The files are definitely MP3 and I am using Burrrn.

Thanks for your help

Joe

6. undine

undine Regular member

"Burrrn" does not burn mp3.cds.It will take a mp3 input file,but will burn it as a regular audio cd.

7. JoeP28

JoeP28 Member

Thanks, I am fairly new to burning. what is the best program to burn an mp3 music file to a CD and have it burn as an mp3. Does windows media player do it? It looks like it does. If it does or doesn't do you also know of another program preferably a free one.

Thanks Again
    Joe

8. undine

undine Regular member

9. JoeP28

JoeP28 Member

Thanks again for your help. It appears to me that in order for the song titles to burn to the CD the mp3 file has to be burned as a data disc. Is that correct or will Nero do it another way? I tried to burn the mp3 files as a data disc in windows media player 11 and the songs played and the titles showed on the mp3 radio in the car. The problem was that it gave more info than needed.

Thanks
    Joe

10. undine

undine Regular member

In the Nero version that I use,a mp3 CD can be burned as a data disc or as a mp3 audio disc. I think the result is the same.If you want to change your mp3 tags you might want to play around with this free tag program...
    http://www.mp3tag.de/en/screenshots.html

11. JoeP28

JoeP28 Member

Thanks for your help I think I understand the process much better.

Joe