1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONIC and Super C to MP4????

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by whysokold, Jan 25, 2007.

1. whysokold

whysokold Member

My computer came with Sonic an I have a sony DV8 camcorder. I hooked it up and it seems to work well. right now i'm trying to get all my video to my computer and re-use my dv8's.

My settings are simple, I just clicked on hight quality. Does it seem odd that 10 mins of video takes up 600+megabites? Is this a good quality? It's just that a DVD from holywood has about 1:45 on a DVD, but my settings from my cheap video recorder to sonic would be about 6GB for 1:45.

So 2nd question. Any advice on settings for Super C that would take this file I made and convert it to a MP4? I bought an episode of 24 the other day and it's about 300 to 400 MB for 45 mins of video and it looks pretty sharp. So I'm looking at some settings for the frames per second and bitrate that would be ideal to save them as. I'm tryin trial and error, but without a plasma TV I'm not sure which would be better.

Or how do you save your home-videos to your hard drive that has good quality and doesn't take up the entire hard drive from a couple of hours of video?

Thanks,
    JP

2. whysokold

whysokold Member

I choose 50 fps and 9600 bit rate but it is not as good as the movie clip file. And sometimes it has some pixels that are on the screen for a split second then off again. I'm probably making this harder than it is.