1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic DVD-Audio Creator help!!!

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by puzio, Dec 8, 2003.

1. puzio

puzio Guest

Hello All!

I have Sonic DVD-Audio creator but I don't have the user's manual. Please help me to use it.

TNX

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Did you get the mail I sent you?
    Anyway, bad news is that a disc imaged using this app can only be burned using the external SCSI pioneer S-201 burner. All the media needs to be created outside DVD-Audio creator, as all it is is a collection of 7 assembly tools and not a genuine authoring & production package. You will need MLP encoders to use 24/96 surround, a Dolby Digital encoder for the compatible VTS directory, a graphics package to create the menus, and there is also the issue of having to use non-abstraction layer tools if you do want a VTS included.
    The only ones I know of are Scenarist and DVD-Fusion. Scenarist runs on a PC, but Fusion doesn't AFAIK.
    Seriously, i'd go buy minnetonks's discwelder steel to learn on. Oh - DTS files so far are only recognized by Scenarist also. None of the entry level or mid level apps support it yet, although Encore apparently will.
    As for Chrome, that will let you import an externally authored VTS created in just about any application, despite what Sonic tell you. I do it all the time.
    Any more you need, drop me a line & I'll see what I can do.
    To put it bluntly, unless you have all the necessary extras, DVD-A creator is about as much use as a chocolate teapot!

3. puzio

puzio Guest

Thank You Wilkes.