1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONIC DVD-R 100PACK $22.50 w/ free Shipping

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by 2ExTReme, Nov 3, 2004.

1. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

I got an email yesterday for a 3 day promotion by shop4tech.com for their Sonic discs. If you use a coupon code at checkout "DN10" you'll get the 100 pack for $22.50 shipped. I emailed them yesterday to ask what media code they were and got a response today that all their Sonic discs are the "Must" coded discs. Those are the ones that everyone loves and which burn awesome on my NEC-2510A. At this price i'm thinking of getting 200, although 100 will be great right now as i'm desperate for some solid, great priced media.

Here is the link:

http://www.shop4tech.com/user.htm?go=view_item&id=2423&cata=1&s_cata=88_r33

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Who exactly is "everyone"? Sonic puts out junk.

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Until Sonic IDs out with something like RICOHJPNR01 I'll confine them to the landfill ...

... according to digitalfaq 'Must' just barely qualifies as 3rd class media ...

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

... If you want budget media ... get these ProData discs ...

http://www.supermediastore.com/pr4xdvsi4100.html
     ... $30.60 for 100 ...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]                            

[​IMG]

... I'm working harder than a cat trying to bury a turd in a marble floor ...[/small]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I've been using Ritek 4X DVD-Rs for a while...what quality ranking do those fall under??

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

NM, answered my own question...thanks for the link to prodiscs...picked up a 100 pack

6. 2ExTReme

2ExTReme Member

Nephilim, well, I shouldn't of generalized "everyone" but I meant from everything i've read. I believe it was on videohelp on their media section, under the Sonic section, the ones that have the "MUST" code are excellent, not a single person with a complaint. I've had the same experiences. Also read the same over at fatwallet as long as the discs are "Must" coded ones.

That's actually the reason I emailed them because I wanted to make sure I was buying the Must discs too and didn't get one of the other Sonic types which have mixed results.

Catfreak, where did you find that digitalfaq's site? That's the first i've ever seen of it and I didn't read the entire site but certain things I did read on the site looked poorly written and more then extremely biased. The site refers to "WE" on it and never says exactly who "WE" is. That's very strange as well. Then "WE" give percentages of failure or success on certain DVD-and +R media, but they don't specify what burners were used and once again who "WE" actually is.

With stuff like that, the saying you can't believe things you read on the internet is very accurate.

I just figured i'd mention the deal as it wasn't posted and I was emailed on it, if they aren't for you, then don't buy em', but don't get duped by bogus internet info, just be careful where you're getting your facts from on anything not just media.

7. kchev

kchev Regular member

Everyone has their own opinion, but personally I wouldn't burn anything below second class media. If you bought some discs out of each class, then you would understand what they are talking about. Nobody likes wasting time or money, but that is what you will be doing with discs listed in lower classes. I have already lost data on the some of the lower class discs within a year. You get what you pay for.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Through personal experience and that of the many folks I've help here over the course of two years I believe the ratings at digitalfaq are absolutely correct.

If someone is in the business of selling junk media then I can see why the site would seem biased.

9. teefyum

teefyum Member

Yes these are great media!

Been using them for over a year now to save money. Burned media over 1yr old and still working fine.

10. justmelah

justmelah Member

Search from the webiste that the SONIC brand is manufacture by a company located in Taiwan i.e. Must Tech Co.Ltd.(www.musttech.com.tw) Burn excellent with my Pioneer 107D v1.13 . The PI/PO results are below 20.Besides that the price is very attractive with such an excellent quality. Heard that they manufacture thier own Dye and stamper this is definetely encouraging as this will stablilise the product quality..