1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic Heroes NTSC won't get past load screen

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SpecialK8, Jan 30, 2004.

1. SpecialK8

SpecialK8 Member

message edited:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  2. eurobum

eurobum Member

Same problem here ... Help ... Thanks ...

3. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Not to be rude but you should not be mentioning anything you download here at afterdawn. It's illegal and will get you banned.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The Sonic Heroes will not work on Swap Magic unless you put the dummy fix in it.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

No piracy related matters please...

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

WTF I didn't write all that for pirated games I wrote that for swap magic users.That is a guide on how to get it to work for making a backup of the game from the original since it won't work just burning the original by itself you have to fix it and if it is a pirated game then why does swapmagicfix put the fix on there site and tell you to use cd/dvd gen you edited my message out because someone talked about downloading a game?????that is stupid and you must not use swap magic since you think it is pirated.

7. herbsman

I edited cos the original question WAS piracy related as it asked for help in making the SPoTLiGHT release of Sonic Heroes NTSC , so in that I was right.
    If you wish to add a guide to dummy file fix for owing the original game for swap magic users , please do add it to User Submitted Guides (where it can be viewed properly on it's own merit ... rather than in answer to a piracy related matter)

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Alright my bad I seen your private message and it did actually take me a long time to make that guide so much respect for that.I guess I will go make a guide for the swap magic users since people do talk about piracy on a thread which should be displayed to people who actually want to get a working backup from the original.Peace L-Burna

9. herbsman

Thnx for the understanding bro...

Peace

10. eurobum

eurobum Member

Thanks Burna... where can i get the swap magic v2.0 fix... TIA ...

11. eurobum

eurobum Member

WFIW... I do own the original sonic heroes ...

12. eurobum

eurobum Member

Burna ... I found the fix but I have few questions :

1. How do I know my ps2 version (V 1-6 or V 1-7)
    2. What is Sony's CD/DVD Generator v1.50?
    3. Where can I get it?
    4. Or can I just drag and drop the file in order suggested into my sonic folder.

Thanks a lot ...

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The cd/dvd generator v1.50 can found off of emule or overnet one of those I haven't found the site for it but I know they are out there.Just try using yahoo or google or something like that to get the sony cd/dvd generator it is a small file only 2mb in size.Alright never mind here is a site a found that is helpfull for everyone that is trying to find cd/dvd generator the link is http://playstation_2001.tripod.com/playstation2001/id13.html .They not only have the program but they also have the bigger disk patch which is also nice.This is the v1.20 but there is no difference from the looks of them both.The best thing to do is search in phrases such as iml2iso also this will give you more sites and better results in finding the program.The best way to get it though is probably through emule or a program like that.The fix for the game I don't really think it matters for any version but it might make sure you know what version you have and download the fix from swapmagicfix.com.I think this has been said about a hundred times before but once again I will just say look at the back of your PS2 at the SCPH-00000 the zeroes should be replaced with numbers after the SCPH so look off one of the threads that gives you all the versions numbers and find out what version you got.The files won't back up right unless you have sony gen because of the LBA not being corrected.In other words if you went and put the files in a folder in the order they should be you would just get a bad burn.You can put the fix file in but don't try to burn it without using sony gen alright.The other thing you will have to do is give it a volume label which is a slus file.There is alot of work that has to go into making one of these games work but once you catch on it gets alot easier.I made a guide on it so if you want you can check it out.Peace L-Burna

14. daBoy

daBoy Member

L-Burna, u mentioned that u made a guide on Sonic Heroes, what's the link to that, thanks a lot.

15. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Here is the link to the guide for the Sonic Heroes guide my bad it just didn't go through the guide that I made earlier so I went and fixed that.The link is this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69271 if you are having problems with the dos commands when making the iso file then ask me about it.Peace L-Burna

16. daBoy

daBoy Member