1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic media no good

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by zemrudi, Jan 2, 2005.

1. zemrudi

zemrudi Member

I purchased 4x dvd+r media and used it with my NEC ND-1100-A. Well it only worked with a few dvd's, plus it skipped bad or no menus, non-working. So I thought my burner was crap, and I needed a faster one anyways. So I bought a Sony DRU-710A. Used the same media and had the same problem. Later I bought 100 Pack Taiyo Yuden 1 47.99(DVD-R47ZZSB8) 8X DVD-R from meritline.com.
    Needless to say I spent wasteless hours with the Sonic media, TY worked right away. No problem what so ever and I have yet to have another problem. I would not recommend ever buying the Sonic media. As they say, you REALLY do get what you pay for.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

At the end of the day it's about finding media which suits your own burner. Some brands work better than others, so it's just trying different ones until you get the one that works best for you.
    I found 4 types that suit my burner, but these may not suit yours, if you know what I mean. I use TDK, Verbatim, Sony and Imation, and sometimes some really cheap stuff.

3. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

I got 10 free Sonic 4X dvd-r's when I got my Pioneer 108. I figured it would be crap since thats all I hear about it. I burned all 10 with no problems and they all played in 5 different dvd players with no problems. So like bardie said, it depends on your burner. I still only buy Ritek's though.

4. beltline

beltline Regular member

Out of curiousity I was wondering if anyone ran DVD Identifier on the Sonic's. I saw on another thread how the Sonic's were coming up TY's. It would pretty much put the nail in the coffin if the Sonic's identified as TY's weren't working, yet your TY's you bought from Meritline did. In otherwords, it would confirm that someone was selling fakes.

5. Doom1234

Doom1234 Guest

Mine come up as " VDSPMSAB 01 "