1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonic My DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dutchm930, Apr 27, 2005.

1. dutchm930

dutchm930 Guest

I use torrent reactor to download movies (it takes foreverrrrrrr). and i have a 8x dvd burner. can someone tell me the best format to download dvd movies are and are the easiet to write to using sonic. any good sites to use would be helpful as well. My 4gb dvds are too small for whole movies, i have to go buy 8gb to fit it all.

is .avi good to download.

need help im a newbie!

i heard mpg-2 are the best but i dont know how to find those movies in that format using t. reactor.

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

I would imagine if it says .avi it's DIVX compression. mpeg4 is also common to download. Personally I think it's a wast of time to try to download movies and wrestle with the compression to get it on a dvd. DVD decrypter(Ripper) and DVD shrink(Compressor) are free. From there all you need is the movie hint,hint!
    Mpeg2 is what a dvd is. The file size would be huge to download. If you could run video out of computer video card and sound from sound card to TV this may be a better option for downloads. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck

Spacedust

3. dutchm930

dutchm930 Guest

can someone explain from step 1 to end how to burn a dvdr

I use torrentreactor- i see a movie i like-i download it-(takes hrs) i use dvd decrypter then dvd shrink then i burn it to a blank dvdr?

does it matter what format the movie is in when i download it from t.reactor?