1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 50-Pack 4x DVD+R for 23$

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Raiderboi, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Raiderboi

Raiderboi Member

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

4x huh? well, these can be had in 8x variety for the same price or actually a few dollars cheaper during a compusa/staples sale on sony media. personally, i would just wait for the 8x dvd+r, the sony made in japan ones i got were YUDEN coded, definitely great media from compusa.

i think 8x is becoming the standard now as 4x is no longer manufactured that much by those big media companies. but, it's up to you, i have never used 4x sony's so i can't say from experience if they are good or not, but i HAVE used the 8x sony dvd+rs which were ty media coded and they are flawless just like my other TY coded media, except my fake ones coded TYGO2 but (made in taiwan). :)

the choice is yours...but i hope i have shed some light on these sony dvds. have a good one

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm with kivory666, The sony +1x-8x media seems to be quite a bit better-quality wise. I still have several hunded ty's on my last batch I purchased. Each 50 pack spindle was $20 at staples and they have a sale every month on them. They are made in both taiwan and japan,but using both-They performed great.This was on the 50 pack spindles. On the 25 pack spindles,they all were made in taiwan,but still very good.

The sony +4x i have used were ok,made by ricohjpn-01,but on their dash 4x and 1x-4x- some of these were made in austria. Same thing on those dashes,the made in japan should be better than the taiwanese and a heck of a lot better than the austrian sony's.

Just search those labels.If ordering on best buy's website,you will be at their mercy!