1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 60" SXRD 1080p XBR Rear Projection HDTV SUCKS!

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by prncess21, Jun 30, 2007.

1. prncess21

prncess21 Member

Hello,
    I just bought the Sony KDS-R60XBR2 60" SXRD 1080p XBR Rear Projection HDTV for a good amount of money. However i brought it home and set it up but was disappointed.

- It takes 1 minute and 5 seconds for the thing to turn on, which is such ridiculous.
    - The colors are sooo off its not even funny
    - Not worth the money i bought it for

Im confused because i spent a lot of time researching and this tv was one of the best sellers and had great reviews on various reliable sites.

I feel like returning it and sticking to my old-school 60 inch big screen tv.

what you think?? am i alone in this???

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Go test one somewhere to see if is not just your tv.

3. funky22

funky22 Guest

do u got digital or analog programs if u have analog that is why is picture bad when u connect some digital or HD equipment ull see ,its looking so amazing

4. Playr

Playr Regular member

I own a Sony KDS-50A2000 SXRD and I'm very happy with my TV (had it for 5 mos now).

As far as the 1 min 5 sec, not sure what's going on there. It does take a little time to "warm up" but not 1 min 5 sec.

You do realize you have to tweak the colors to your viewing environment? Out of the box the tv is set to "Vivid" and that's horrible. Anyway, do a search here or on CNET for recommended settings specific to your set.

Not worth the money? Who's fault is that? You could have bought the KDS-60A2020 which is a few hundred less and probably just as good!

You never mention what kind of signal your feeding the TV? SD sources will look bad on any HDTV reguardless of brand or technology.

Good luck, but do yourself a favor and do search the net a little for those settings.