1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony A500 + Nero (backing up dvd ps2 games) HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by U_WNT_ME, Apr 20, 2003.

1. U_WNT_ME

U_WNT_ME Member

Hi Guys,

I am using a the Sony A500 DVD burner and trying to use Nero to back up my PS2 games. For some reason. It NEVER works. i just hear the ps2 making a click sound. It cant be the mod chip because i played Backup cd-r's as well as DVD-r's that were made for me, with no problem. Any suggestions on what to do?

2. brandito

brandito Guest

i would try lowering the read/write speed (no higher than 4x) see if that gives you better results

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

do they even make a DVD burner that burns over 4x yet??? are you making an image to the drive then burning that image or doing an "on the fly" copy. and yes, burn slow as possible.

4. bodul67

bodul67 Regular member

I burn the image to drive first (not "on The Fly") then burn to disk at 1X speed. It copies slower but with better results. Good Luck!

5. c22shoot

c22shoot Member

hi i have same burner. any ps2 game you can copy will be single layer, and under 4.7g. i use dvd decrypter, freeware, in iso mode to read and then burn ripped file. I have used this method to back up 15 of my kids games with no problems.