1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Arccos - Seinfeld Season 8 Disc 1 Region 2

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rafigold, Jun 30, 2007.

1. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

Hi

I am trying to back up this new disc which has just come out. I have latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD, which backed it up and burned fine (I thought). However when the disc goes in the DVD player it loops through opening logo stuff and never reaches the main menu. The only way to play stuff is to manually jump to different title numbers.

I checked out the original and it plays fine in the dvd player but also does not play properly on the computer. Is there any way of manually finding out where the main menu is on the original and instructing the backup to start at that cell no. Or does anyone have any other ideas how i can back this up properly, I would like to keep all the extras.

Thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

sounds like you might have a bad press ....... why I say this:
    the DVD player plays the original fine........ and you use your computer to read and copy the disk and if that's not playing the disk correctly then you have to assume that the burn will be incorrect, too! I don't think it's encryptions because AnyDVD is a program that is always updated! what version are you using? is it up to date? the only other thing that I can see is if the disk is dirty! Check it out and if it needs cleaning use something that doesn't leave a residue and wipe it off with a lint free cloth in straight lines from inner circle to outer edge. Do not rub in circles as this will damage the disk and cause reading problems! Also use media made in Japan for best results....... check label of the box or spindle and make sure it says MIJ on it..... or just by Verbatim, which is a top notch disk but is not MIJ and the only one I will let near my burners that isn't MIJ! I strictly use Taiyo Yuden only found online in supermediastore.com, rima.com, meritline.com and other reputable online stores. These disks usually have no incompatibilities with many burners and players, So it's successful rates are very high. try out these suggestions and get back to us. Wecome to AFterDawn!

or maybe the DVD-ROM needs a lens cleaning. You can pick up a good drive cleaner at Office Depot, Office Max, and electronic stores like CircutCity, BestBuy, and of course CompUSA. If this is starting to happen more often this might be a possibility.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  3. sunce_1

sunce_1 Member

it happend to me too . u cannot play the disc on the computer. propobly a new protection by Sony.
    hope that someone will crack it . i used the latest anydvd and dvdinfo. it just wont work .

if someone finds a way to back it up please send me e mail to : sunce_1@hotmail.com

thanks

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

follow the forum rules: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

5. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

It was a while ago but from memory i think i ripped the disc to the hard drive using DVD FabHD Decrypter and then used CloneDVD and AnyDVD to shrink it. It was actually not that hard in the end