1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony bravia digital singnal problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lemnur, Oct 7, 2009.

1. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

so the problem is as written in the thread. for the past few days my sony bravia is making boxes in digital signal i dont know why. i changed it back to analog and the signal was perfect no boxes nothing the quality was bad though. after that went back to digital its displaying the boxes and distorted digital signal. please help. (i have two tv tuner wires monster and the default one tried with both of them). the tv is 8 months old and was working fine but started giving problem past few days

2. dailun

dailun Active member

Digital signal "boxes" are typical of a degraded or overdriven digital signal.

Are you using a digital set top box for your digital cable?

What is the length of your cable run?

Are you on a "shared" cable TV plant? Apartment, flats, etc. Adding a drop to an existing marginal cable plant can adversely affect the signal quality. I have recently experienced this at my apartment complex and had to move my cable modem and digital cable amplifier to various points along my inside wiring until I found the best placement.

3. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

yeah i stay in apartment. the distance between my t.v and cable is 1.3 meters. and no its not a set top box. so what should i do?

4. dailun

dailun Active member

OK, if it's not using a set top box then it MIGHT NOT be a digital signal.

Are you in the US? If so, who is your cable provider?

There is also the possibility that your TV tuner (internal) is having a problem.

You might try calling the cable company saying that your reception is crappy, especially if you can pinpoint a time that this started, but they will usually push it back saying that it's your TV.

It's kinda hard to prove unless you have a second TV that you can connect at the same time and observe what happens.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  5. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

alright thanks for your help ill tell u if the problem has been fixed