1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony cd/dvdgen won't work

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by iso9000, Feb 4, 2005.

1. iso9000

iso9000 Member

Hi
    I need to know how get sony cd/dvdgen to install on my computer.I get a massage saying system can not rn MS-dos,Windows,and microsoft word documents.

does anyone know of a diffrent programe I can use to build a new shadow rome iso

Thanks

2. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

hope some1 can help coz i can't even find the sony cd/dvdgen program to begin with... if u've got a link to it that works, it would b much appreciated... hope some1 can help with u're original request.... been looking in every forum without success....

3. iso9000

iso9000 Member

4. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

hey thanks 4 da link 'iso9000' just running into 1 problem though when i try to use the setup.exe it's coming up with an error 'The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.' is there something that i'm not doing correctly as it advises which is pretty str8 forward to open the setup.exe. it also show's under to 'read me' notepad that its only suitable for ....

<< Installation >>

Activate setup.exe on Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 SP5 or Windows 2000 and follow the instructions displayed on the screen. For details, please refer to the Help File.... does this mean that it won't work on XP??? as u've already asked this question urself iso9000 hopefully some1 else can help

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  5. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

is there much of a difference between 1.2 & 1.5??????????? does any1 know where to get the 1.5 version from any1 @ all. any help for how to setup these details would b gr8ly appreciated by the 2 of us...
    thanx

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  6. iso9000

iso9000 Member

7. cfreeland

cfreeland Guest

i am also haveing problems with cdvdgen it is saying that the recording unit is not connected and then it says intilization failed can anyone help me with this

8. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

appreciate the direction to microsoft troubleshooting... the only thing that i found with the is that autoexec.nt wasn't on my system but when i looked further into it i found that it was only on nt & 2000 OS's... anyways getting back to the probs with cdvdgen can anyone else post a reply to details regarding the problems here.... still waiting for a post on sony cd/dvd generator 1.5... there must b some1 that has had luck with using these products i'm sure... any helpful posts would b appreciated i'm sure...
    muchos gracias........ :)

9. iso9000

iso9000 Member

I have dvd/cd gen 1.50.You will get same proglem that you have with 1.20

10. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

yeah u're right but it comes up with a red error advising .... the parameter is incorrect ...... some1 must know wot to do with the setup of these... i think i remember seeing somewhere on a forum or tutorial that u have to download the autoexec.nt file for it to work.... i dunno iso9000, i'm not the type to giv up on anything & i'm sure dat u're not 2 but i'm in australia (eastern) side & it's 2:16am in the morning... i've now been trying to work this out since early friday morning ... LOL ...i'm gonna hunt 4 this autoexec.nt microsucks garbage whoops i mean microsoft & get back to the forum soon. hopefully some1 will b able to render our problem?????!!!!! c y'all soon

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I would probably suggest Apache 2.0 instead of just getting sony cd/dvd rom generator.The reason why I say that is becuase Apache 2.0 comes with sony cd/dvd rom generator,DvdScanLite,and can build the .iml image files after you are done using Sony CD/DVD Rom Generator which is alot easier than using command prompt to create your image.

[bold]AUTOEXEC.NT ERROR FIX[/bold]

The way to fix the Autoexec.nt error that probably comes up follow these instructions alright:

1.Go to Start bottom left on your computer and browse to find Search.Click on the Search and click on all files and folders.Type this in the box "Autoexec.nt" now click on search.It will scan for a little while and show you some results some of the files will have the exact same name given,but are in CAPS an so forth.Just ignore everything that is misspelled except for "Autoexec.nt" very important to make sure you pick the right file.The file is a .txt text file document also which should make it easy to find.

2.After you find the file "Autoexec.nt" .txt file right click on it once and then go to the very top of the Search box and click on Edit.Now scroll down to where it says Copy to Folder.Now it will let you browse through folders an so forth,just click on my computer select your main drive that Windows is installed on.When you go into your drive(is normally is C:\ drive,but sometimes it is different for some people)scroll down until you find the folder WINDOWS and double click on it.Now to to where the folder Win32 is and copy the file Autoexec.nt into that folder.

3.After you have done this the Autoexec.nt error should not display anymore on your computer.What it does is take the Autoexec.nt file from your Windows recovery and place it back on your computer.The cause happens from uninstalling a program too much.

The Autoexec.nt error is not the problem with sony cd/dvd rom generator though,but I thought I would help solve the autoexec.nt problem with your computer also.The problem is a .dll file is missing in sony cd/dvd rom generator.All you have to do is get the .dll file located here http://www.nero.com/us/WNASPI32.DLL.html once you have the file.Save the file directly in the folder sony cd/dvd rom generator is installed to.

example:save it to C:\Program Files\Sony CD/DVD Rom Generator

You will still get some errors when you go to create your images,but this is normal and fixes the bug that makes the box not open up.Hope this helps you both out on fixing this issue.

Peace L-Burna

12. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

thanks L-Burna for dat info i ended up finding that last last night on microsux i mean microsoft & it did fix the problem with the rejection msg coming up but now when i try to click the setup.exe it does nothing.... brings up the hr glass like it's about to start then nothing happens.... if it's not 1 thing then it's something else, but anywayz i'll keep hacking @ it & hopefully i'll come up wid sum success but in the meantime i appreciate the info posted L-Burna

13. cfreeland

cfreeland Guest

where can i download apache 2.0 ?

14. cfreeland

cfreeland Guest

15. biggoltee

biggoltee Member

16. KENTZee

KENTZee Member

thanks biggoltee... i ended up getting a hold of 1.2 & i made sure all the correct files were in the right places so that it would install & instead of coming up with the fault msg when i double clicked the setup.exe it would bring up the hr glass like it was going to setup the program then do nothing. tried restarting a couple of times aswell. :( is there something i'm not doing correctly as i've never had such a hasle trying to install such a simple program... any feedback would b once again much appreciated......

17. jazzmo

jazzmo Guest

the recording unit is not connected

any help with this plz

im running windows xp
    ive installed the nero dll

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005
  18. shelby504

shelby504 Member

have tried to get cdvdgen to run it just wont run it always says 16bit mode error....... i have gone to all the threads and doing the microsoft fix for xp and it still doesnt work... i replaced all the 3 system 32 files as stated still doesnt work... can anyone tell me how to get cdvdgen to work.... seems pretty simple but just isnt working

19. jazzmo

jazzmo Guest

INSTALL THE PROGRAM DIRECTLY TO YOUR C: AND RUN IT FROM THERE

20. shelby504

shelby504 Member

sorry could you tell me how to install the program to your c drive.........i simply downloaded the zip file and then opened it and tried to run setup and cant since its a 16 bit program xp cant do that