1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony dcr-dvd105 importing......

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jixxxer, Jul 15, 2007.

1. jixxxer

jixxxer Guest

Hello, I have a question. I have the sony dcr dvd105 which record directly to mini dvd. I cant seem to find an easy way to get the files into my comp. Nero does it but its very un-user friendly and takes forever. I cant seem to use movie maker for editing cause there are no connections to export to my comp. Im pretty much dumbfounded when it comes to this, as I am just learing about all of this and I want to edit some home movies. PLz help and advise!
    Thanks!!!!!!

2. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

Did your camera come with any software? Movie Maker and many others are for editing MiniDVs tape cameras.

3. jixxxer

jixxxer Guest

nero express was the only software it came with.

4. Dodger11

Dodger11 Member

i am having the same problem you ar buddy what can we do?

5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Editing DVD material is still rather difficult and a lot of editing programs don't support MPEG-2.
    One option is to convert to AVI which is easier to edit. After that you use it to encode it to MPEG-2 again for DVD-authoring.
    Here's a turtorial for the conversion to AVI;
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/tutorials/dvdedit.php
    That site also contains a lot of basic articles that explains the various steps in video editing.