1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony DCR-HC30 ILINK SETUP

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by freeflt, Feb 8, 2005.

1. freeflt

freeflt Guest

Have tried several programs and I cannot get the camera recognized. I have a video magician capture card with firewire and firewire on the motherboard. Both firewire setups show in device manager as operational. Have ulead Video Studio 8. Cannot find the firewire camera.

I believe the camera is ilink micromv but I am not sure. Also all other outputs from camera work through usb or the capture card. I am trying for a totally digital hook up. Am I missing something in the setup of the camera itself.

Sony and Ulead HAVE BEEN OF LITTLE TO NO HELP IN HELPING SOLVE PROBLEM.

Thanx for your time...

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Your camera is not micromv, but miniDV (like most camcorders these days).
    first thing to test is that you camera shows up on your system when you connect it: connect the Firewire plugs, turn on your camera in VCR mode and check in the Windows Device Manager Window if your camera is there.
    If not, you must have either a defective camcorder or a problem with your Firewire on you PC.
    If this is the case I would suggest that you connect your camcorder to another PC to see if it becomes visible.
    If it does, you have eithere a problem with your software install or you are doing something wrong. Test if your camera is visible in windows MovieMaker if your run XP.
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com

3. freeflt

freeflt Guest

Thanx for the info. Your corrections helped me tremendously. I never looked in the vcr section until you directed me there. Works great. Thanx again...BZ